Monday, March 14, 2011

Part 2 of Carribean 'Tings' at The Reef

Continuing on from my last post in June 2010 on The Reef, here's an update on two more of their delectable 'tings'. Their Moca Burger as you see above is a great option for a non-meat burger (and my healthy food loving friend KL decided to give it a whirl). Take it from me, someone who definitely enjoys a juicy chicken or beef burger over the veggie patties. This jerk-seasoned hefty slice of tofu is topped off with grilled pineapple, provolone, salsa and greens and let me tell ya, that cheese really brings out the flavor of the tofu. Served with succulent yam fries and a spicy mayo, this meal is complete. Can't wait to get my hands on that burger again.

I on the other hand, ordered their Ackee and Saltfish since I was craving it from my few bites of this dish when my friend DC had it a while back. It wasn't AS good as I remembered but it still made a good impact on my impression of Carribean food. Known as one of Jamaica's national dishes, this meal is made with ackee fruit, salt cod, onion, tomato and peppers. Tasting similar to a mushy egg omelet with the listed ingredients, it paired well with the rice and coleslaw. And of course, plopped smack in the middle of the dish was a Phan Fave - Johnnycake. :)

2 comments:

  1. Did you put that Johnnycake on the dish yourself? Lol! Yum I still love the Ackee and Saltfish. I didn't quite realize the yellow stuff wasn't egg though...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL no but maybe they dropped it on the plate and left it there. Haha.

    ReplyDelete