Monday, February 21, 2011

Thai Hang - Where I Like My Vietnamese When Mom Ain't Around

I have to give a shout out to my fellow piggie friend DC for introducing me to this spot! She raves that their beef stew over noodles is the best in town and since she's pretty much had every beef stew dish around, I trust her! Thai Hang is located smack on East Hastings street, across from DQ. The restaurant is your usual hole-in-the-wall dodgy place; bad and fast service, food comes quick and the taste is all there. However, there is one perk that differentiates this spot from the rest, you get FREE DESSERT with your meal! Good dessert too, not the nasty stuff! Usually a sweet bean or jelly warm soupy treat. Yum!

The three dishes featured today are what I call 'safe bets for satisfaction' at Viet restos. They pretty much will taste the same everywhere but Thai Hang beats the rest of them out by providing huge portions, lots of meat and the perfect side pairings. The dish you see above is their BBQ pork skewer & deep fried spring roll combo on vermicelli. Super tasty and fresh on a hot summer day.

The middle dish here is for the meat lovers. Also a fave of the BBQ master chef MR, whose food you see talked about in the previous post. I told you he can't get enough of those BBQ marinated short ribs. This meal, along with a BBQ pork chop too!

And last but not least, my favorite! BBQ lemongrass chicken, shredded pork (which is essentially thin strips of pork skin mixed with Vietnamese ham and tiny speckles of ground pork - DELISH) with an egg cake and pickled veggies. I love steamed egg cake with filling! All topped with that special fish vinegar sauce and we are all happy campers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment