Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gettin' Cheesy with Burgoo

Burgoo on Main Street is the perfect place for a lazy brunch sort of Sunday. Great for a soup and sandwich type of date, rain or shine - especially if all you're craving is some grilled cheese. My pal SC and I both chose to have their 'Gooey Cheese Grillers' stuffed with mozzarella, gruyere, emmenthal and white cheddar. These thick cut sandwiches will hit you in all the right spots. Definitely not stingy with the cheese or bread, prepare yourself for food baby aftermath. I usually love to dip my sandwiches in a nice white chowder, this time having their 'Pacific Chowder' featuring smoked salmon, seafood and potato finished with green peas and fresh herbs and SC often enjoys a light salad with apple, red onion, bacon, and feta drizzled with a thyme vinaigrette.

I wouldn't say that I'm a huge patio fan but something about this location rubs me just the right way with their comfortable huge chairs and warm blankets.

3 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! I have yet to have their sandwiches but after reading this post, I'm definitely tempted to make a visit to Burgoo.

    Thanks for sharing Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sandwiches are huge so you both might want to split this and another dish with your dining companion! Be warned...

    ReplyDelete