Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cream Cheese Frosted Carrot Cake (Wow, that's a lot of C's!)

Another easy recipe to share with y'all. HS, I promise you will not have to call me after attempting this one in your own home. :) Check out that nice golden brown color of my 'naked carrot cake'. I owe a big thanks to my gal pal MC and her momma for sharing this delicious recipe with me. Try putting the cake in the fridge for a chilled cake snack, yum!

'Easy Peezy' Cooking Instructions:
  • In one bowl, sift together 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 3/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp cinnamon.
  • In another bowl, beat 1 and 1/4 cup oil, 2 cups sugar and add 4 eggs (1 at a time!!!)
  • Slowly add the dry ingredients and add 2 cups of grated carrots at the end.
  • Pour into a bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

Wait for the cake to cool off a bit on a cooling rack and then spread cream cheese icing evenly like so! The craft you see above is by my sister slave MP.

Cream Cheese Icing:
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Beat in a mixing bowl until desired light and fluffiness and apply to cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment