Monday, September 27, 2010

Woo Me With a Beavertail and I'm Yours

Feeding off of my Lonsdale energy with the previous post, the Quay boasts some great foods like the homey Beavertails stand right smack in the middle of their food court. Run by an elderly Chinese couple (that my sister LC says hi to when she goes there, haha), they make the best deep fried dough in the business. I'm sure you've seen em' all. Squirrel tails, whale tails, mini doughnuts might even be in the same category, but my heart will always belong to the original cinnamon sugar Beavertail! Ask for it to be cut in half and there you have yourself a great afternoon snack. Entertainment Book coupon friendly too :)

4 comments:

  1. I always wondered where I could get this delicious goodness from that I always get at PNE lol. I guess I could have googled it but so much better finding out from your blog. :) Now if you know where I can get mini donuts from besides PNE and Rogers Arena than I'd be set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weren't we going to get this after the Carribean festival? Or another patty? But ended up leaving and pigging out at your bro's place and then eating kabobs?! LOL. We rule. Mini donuts ... I know they serve them during wknd brunch for FREE at Glowbal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It says on their shop that they are not part of the Entertainment Book coupon...
    We tried once, it was very good but the lady was kind of unpleasant :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaaaaat! I totally didn't see that sign!! I also didn't try to use my coupon that day because I was too full and thought half of one will be enough. I am truly sad now. :(

    The husband is a lot nicer than the wife ... but I don't think I've had a bad experience there yet. Sorry to hear you did!

    Btw, nice to meet you Nolwenn :)

    ReplyDelete