Sunday, September 19, 2010

La Boheme Buckwheat Crepes are BUCKKKK! (If ya know what I mean...)

Last weekend I got an invitation from my friend JS to hit up the Trout Lake Farmer's Market to shop for fresh produce and to taste what the hype was all about with these 'buckwheat crepes' from the La Boheme trailer.

When I first heard they were buckwheat and saw that the crepes were of a browny-tan color, I was immediately turned off. But I decided to give it a whirl anyway ... and thankfully I did! THEY WERE DELICIOUS! After standing in line for a good 15 minutes and perusing the menu over and over again, I settled for the above sweet crepe filled with at least 50 plump, sweet and juicy blueberries, ricotta cheese and lemon-honey. It was a delectable combination and the woman in front of me exclaimed 'I come back for that crepe every weekend!'. With a comment like that, I HAD to try it!

JS opted for the L'Artiche savoury crepe filled with bechamel sauce, artichoke hearts, tomato, parsley, sun dried black olives and fresh herbs. I had a bite of hers and it was amazing as well. The line up was well worth it and for the cheap price paid for these giant crepes, everyone should go before the end of October to taste these babies!

For your convenience and viewing pleasure, I also took photos of the menus! Check out their unique combinations and mouthwatering offerings. My 3 reasons for going back are 1) to try more crepes! 2) to see all the cute kiddies running around again and 3) try the Bratwurst wiener stand!

And so, the story ends with JS and I completing our date with some $1 fresh squeezed lemonade from a cute little stand nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment