Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pizzeria Right in Your Own Home!

My friend GL makes a mean pizza - from scratch! However, he's just bad at emailing me the recipe which is why you'll have to take my word from the photo. GL is a one of a kind guy. He has a one track mind and has timely obsessions. In this case, and to my delight, it's FOOD! Not only does he only cook from scratch, he'll know the origin of every ingredient he uses and has an explanation for why he uses it! I've also tried his risotto and Korean chicken and it's to die for. I sure am glad he chose cooking as his passion this time around. In the above picture, GL kneaded some pizza dough, added fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, prosciutto and his secret touch - no pizza sauce! Yummy!

Dr. Oetker's Ristorante pizzas tastes just like delivery! No, better! Like homemade! My gal pals MR and JG introduced me to these amazing oven-baked pizzas not too long ago and I must admit, I always have one in the freezer. Pop it in the oven for 10 minutes and voila! The cheese is crusted to perfection at the edges, bubbling in the middle and ready to serve. The thin crust ones are the best! My Phan faves are: Quattro Formaggi, Mozzarella, Funghi, and Spinaci. So delicious and satisfying! Sometimes, they're even on sale, 2 for $10!

No comments:

Post a Comment