Monday, August 23, 2010

Mushroom (Not Apple) Sauce Baked Pork Chops

First, I'd like to say that I really love allrecipes.com. That's where I got this recipe for mushroom sauce baked pork chops. When I'm bored at home, browsing this site has taken over my time allotted to celebrity gossip sites. It's a great way to kill time and gain more knowledge in the cooking world!


Ingredients

6 pork chops
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
garlic powder to taste
2 tablespoons butter
2 large red or white onions, finely chopped
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 and 1/4 cups milk
4 cups of thinly sliced potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams or a medley!

Start by rubbing the pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, add chops and brown on both sides. Remove from skillet and place onions in skillet and cook until browned. Pour in mushroom soup and milk, stir until blended. Remove from heat and set aside.

Arrange sliced potatoes evenly in prepared baking dish. Arrange chops on top of potatoes. Pour soup mixture over chops. I love using a medley of sweet potatoes, yams and potatoes because it gives the dish that much more flavor and sweetness. Hearty, comfort food. My fave.

Bake, covered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven at 350 degrees F. Uncover, and bake 30 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and voila!

And of course I always like to pair my big meals with a fresh cut green salad with different veggies and fruit. This time with cucumber, yellow pepper and organic strawberries from my pal JS. Trust me, you really CAN taste the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment