Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Korean Delights at Red Chicken

Another lunchtime spot I discovered working in the heart of downtown is this Korean joint, Red Chicken on Robson and Bute. AF and I started with their pan fried dumplings and they were delicious to begin our meal with.

Secondly, we had their seafood pancake which is a MUST every time I dine Korean. Entangled in strips of potato, imitation crab meat, squid, green onion, and shrimp, this unique treat is crispy, savoury and best dipped with the vinegar sauce above.

One of my favorite things about dining at a Korean restaurant are the side dishes that accompany your meal. They are great to cleanse the palate with and offer a variety of interesting types. For example, this time we had bean sprouts, kimchi, broccoli with spicy sauce and mashed potatoes. Random but lovely! You will also see a milky broth noodle we ordered as well but we weren't big fans of it so definitely not worth my blogging breath.

4 comments:

  1. Umm seafood pancake I want one now! Is that the place we went to once?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, oh Audrina. There is a major difference between Korean seafood pancakes and Japanese okonomiyakis which I just call 'seafood pancakes'. Either way, we have to eat them both soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol what do I know. By the way have I told you how much I've been loving my new food experiences with you?! Well it's been fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as they don't give you tummy aches, I'm happy! I love you Audrina, my numero uno 'Phan'!!! You've introduced me to my new food obsession too, kabobs!!! MMMMMMMM!!! I could have them all day and night, even if I'm extra BULL!

    ReplyDelete