Friday, June 25, 2010

Sweet Jane, Chikuwa Cheese and ... a Mouse?!

In my eyes, Ma's Clubhouse is one of the best restaurants in the Lower Mainland. I usually order the same meal every time I come, and the food quality and taste is always consistent! This is my favorite sushi roll of ALL TIME - the Sweet Jane Prawn Tempura Roll. Stuffed with prawn tempura of course, sweet potato, asparagus, sweet bean curd and drizzled with teriyaki sauce, this is one plump and satisfying roll!

My second favorite is very simple, a spicy salmon and avocado roll. Refreshing and flavorful.

Now, this is the Chikuwa Cheese dish. Deep fried fish cake, baked with mozza and cheddar cheese, topped off with teriyaki sauce and a bit of seaweed. I've had this dish at many other Japanese tapas places and this one is by far the best. Plentiful in size and cheese, and perfected gooey-ness. DELICIOUS!!!

And of course, the yummy Japanese pancake 'okonomiyaki'. Last night, we had it with the prawns and it was delightful. Pan fried dough mixed with lettuce, your choice of meat, ginger and lathered with teriyaki sauce and lined with mayo, this is an amazing entree. You can also opt to have it with yakisoba underneath but we would've overloaded. I've also had this at The Eatery and it was soooo nasty. Come to Clubhouse for an authentic and tasty okonomiyaki y'all!

Now we were contemplating on ordering their yummy 'Sonna Banana' dessert consisting of crepes, ice cream and bananas until I freaking saw a mouse scurrying by! EWWWWWW! Well I mean, there is a lot of construction in that area with the Olympic Village, and it is sort of a hole in the wall restaurant but when you actually see the rodent, ugh! However, knowing me, I will definitely be back, the food is too delicious to ignore! I did mention it to the owner and she said she would take care of it ... but you know Asian restaurants. So we just went back to my place and devoured a mini ice cream sandwich each, the perfect size! On a side note, seriously guys, my Blackberry camera is so amazing, look at my pictures! I can't get over it! 9700 Bold all the way!!!

2 comments:

  1. Omg I want that pancake thing again. It was so good!!! Actually the whole meal would be perfect right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will definitely go back MA, hopefully this time without that little furry visitor!!!

    ReplyDelete