Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thai Cafe, Unfortunately Did Not Blow Me Away ...

This was my first time trying Thai Cafe in Burnaby and I must say, it was nothing to shout about. We ordered take-out and to be fair, ate it about an hour after sitting out in room temperature. However, it was also my first time trying 'Yum Talay', a mixed seafood combination salad with a spicy lime sauce which was both refreshing and delicious! I would definitely recommend this dish!

Next of course we had to have the Pad Thai with prawns which to me, tastes pretty much the same at any Thai restaurant - a staple in Thai cuisine.

For the appetizers we each got to try a spring roll and chicken satay. The spring roll was pretty generic and the chicken satays were a bit thin and dry but you gotta love that side of peanut sauce! Smeared on top of your rice, mmMMmm! We also had a green curry chicken dish which was also quite nice. A rather mediocre meal but it filled us up and I would give this restaurant another whirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment