Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Round 2 at The Keg!

As you can clearly see, I really quite enjoy The Keg. My 2nd Keg experience in a week was due to my sister MP lucking out and winning her hockey pool = dinner for the family! I had this meal literally hours before I boarded my flight to Mexico and it was a GREAT farewell. I opted for my all time favorite dish at The Keg, The Teryaki Classic. I usually start it off with the classic Keg Caesar salad but I recently found out that you can substitute it for this summer salad boasting of mandarin oranges, spinach, cranberries, pecans and my favorite, goat cheese. mmMMmm!

For my entree, I had the teryaki steak cooked medium rare with a baked potato (with the 3 cheese topping). Yummy, it never fails to satisfy me. And for some reason, I REALLY LOVED their vegetables this day - the seasoning was so tasty!

MP took a chance and ordered off their feature Crab Celebration menu - the Mushroom Crab sirloin. The horseradish was not favourable to our tongues but we just can't get enough of those juicy mushrooms!

A family Keg experience wouldn't be the same without JC indulging in a Billy Miner Pie. (He had to share this slice with us but he usually has one on his own and devours within 1 minute, tops!) Yummy coffee ice cream with drizzles of caramel and chocolate sauce, coated with almonds, sitting on a chocolate crust - perfect way to end the meal.

But the real finish is the notorious Keg mint. With a surprise chocolate filling in the middle. Who thought of that? AMAZING IDEA!!! Btw, I freaking love the camera on my new Blackberry Bold 9700 - it's super handy and takes great shots, hence the ones taken here!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great pics from your BB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Im MIHO SAKAMOTO from japan
    I love your blog. Im happy that I could find such a great blog as yours.
    and also LOVE KEG and COOKING!!
    nice to meet you.

    aw so I love those notorious candies. we dont have such yummy candies in japan.
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miho! Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my food blog - even though I haven't blogged in months! I really miss The Keg since moving to London but I'll be back in Vancouver soon!

      I imagine Japan would have tons of amazing candies!!!

      Delete