Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Drowning our Canucks Sorrows in Delicious Desserts

While screaming and shouting for the Canucks to try and redeem themselves after a pitiful score against the Hawks, my friends and I regained sanity with sugar and berries. You might recognize this treat from an earlier post - this is just the gigantic version. The famous fruit flan from Urban Fare. It was a special celebration of the birth dates of two of my piggy friends, JV and PY. And a third piggy was there, the host DC. Seriously, please go out and try this dessert. The best part is the secret layer of white chocolate between the white cream filling and perfect pie crust. For some reason, the mini versions are 'fruit tarts' but the larger pie is referred to as 'fruit flan'. Weird.
I also had to include pictures of this cutely packaged and scrumptious looking homemade S'more from Butter Baked Goods. I can't personally review this dessert because the birthday girls wouldn't open to share. =( However, I am sure it tasted as divine as it looked. Apparently, Butter's 'Homemade Oreo' made it on Van Mag's Best Things to Eat and Drink in Vancouver 2009 list.

Oh and I also have to give a quick shout out to my fellow foodie/piggy cousin JV and her food blog: Foodmatik! Check it out - she is definitely the go-to-girl for restaurant recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment