Thursday, April 22, 2010

Phancouver is Born

The inception of Phancouver. How did it all begin, you ask? It all started on a stormy night at an old all girl's school - literally. We sat around, talking about food for 2 hours, writing down a list of must-eat-at-restaurants in Vancouver and something hit me. My friends have been urging me to start a food blog for some time now, but it was an inexplicable rush that took over me right then and there. It was as if the stars aligned for me as I sat across from my good friend SC (fellow foodie but mostly a fashionista) who helped me in launching this blog, and my other dear friend RW who broke the silence with the ingenious name 'Phancouver'. So here is my official shout out to them for inspiring me, to inspire you ... with food!!! PS - check out that huge tray of roasted veggies that we devoured that evening. Also the same night we had the Grapples. =)

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for the shout out! Something WAS in the air that night and so glad you finally joined the blogosphere!! Your food obsession's gotta be shared, it's one of your defining characteristics (along with something else, but not sure if that's as blogworthy)!

    Still wanna see the usage of 'give it a whirl' somehow, somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at Sarah's comment. This is indeed your calling. I'm glad you've decided to share your expertise on all things delicious. And I must say, Phancouver is the best name EVER.

    I look forward to sharing some of these food experiences with you - especially at Linda's house :)

    ReplyDelete